Job Title: Accounts Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The job holder will play a pivotal role in ensuring precise financial practices and meticulous reporting at Fleet Travels & Tours. Collaborating with external auditors, they will ensure accurate financial representation in our reports.
On a daily basis, the job holder will manage financial transactions, overseeing accounts payable and receivable. With keen attention to detail, they will verify invoices and ensure prompt and accurate payment processing.
The accounts officer will be responsible for up-to-date and accurate ledger management, with a special focus on IATA-related transactions. They will stay current with IATA regulations, facilitating payment processing for airline ticket sales and ensuring full compliance.
- General Financial Reporting and Reconciliation
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual statements, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct thorough bank reconciliations, meticulously recording cash activities, and maintaining precise financial records.
- Collaborate with ticketing team to ensure financial data is accurately compiled and reported.
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries and financial data, contributing to a well-structured financial framework.
General Ledger Management
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate general ledger, acting as the custodian of financial data and transactions.
- Ensure meticulous recording and classification of all financial transactions, contributing to accurate and organized financial records.
- Oversee the reconciliation of ledger entries, identifying and rectifying discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage day-to-day financial transactions, overseeing both accounts payable and receivable functions
- Exercise meticulous attention to detail while verifying invoices, purchase orders, and payment requests for accuracy.
- Process payments to vendors and suppliers in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring smooth financial operations.
IATA Financial Reporting and Reconciliation
- Record all IATA-related transactions meticulously, ensuring the ledger reflects a true and accurate representation of financial activities.
- Process IATA payments for airline ticket sales, following industry-specific guidelines and protocols.
- Perform diligent reconciliation of accounts related to IATA transactions, contributing to accurate financial records.
IATA Payment Processing
- Stay updated on IATA regulations, ensuring rigorous compliance with industry standards and guidelines.
- Undertake the crucial responsibility of processing IATA payments for airline ticket sales, meticulously adhering to established protocols.
- Perform diligent reconciliation of accounts related to IATA transactions, ensuring accurate financial records.
Management of Client List and Payments
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date client list, recording essential details and transaction history.
- Oversee client payments, accurately recording amounts received and outstanding balances.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure smooth and timely payment processing and resolve any payment-related issues.
Airline Reconciliation and Collaboration
- Verify and reconcile airline transactions and commissions with precision, ensuring accurate financial data.
- Collaborate seamlessly with the sales and operations teams to facilitate smooth IATA payment processes, contributing to operational efficiency.
- Education and ExperienceDesirable
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years verified professional experience
- Professional membership and/or certification from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or its equivalent.
- Expert in the use of key ERP System accounting software packages
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP
- Diploma in IATA (International Air Transport Association)
- Awareness of a compliance and internal controls framework
- Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Aviation Industry experience