Relationship Officer (Assistant Banking Officer)
Job Title: Relationship Officer
Client: Providus Bank
Grade: Assistant Banking Officer
Locations: Festac, Apapa, Asaba, Akure, Abeokuta & Lagos
The job role holder will be responsible for building and maintaining productive relationships with customers, aimed at facilitating sustainable growth of the bank’s commercial banking business, by promoting and marketing products and services in commercial market segments, as well as managing all aspects of the customer relationship to achieve long-term customer loyalty.
- Develop and maintain business contacts with existing and prospective customers to grow the revenue and customer base for the bank’s corporate banking products and services.
- Initiate and agree with customers to up/cross-sell the bank’sproducts/services as well as respond to customer enquiries, requests and issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Follow up on prospective sales opportunities from discussionswith existing and prospective customers to ensure conversion of new or repeat business.
- Continuously engage the market to acquire new corporatebanking customers by building and nurturing business relationships based on trust, empathy, credibility, and ethical
- Perform customer acceptance checks before onboarding corporate clients in accordance with the bank’s established policies and procedures.
- Embark on daily customer engagements via in-person visits, telephone calls and emails to generate more business and grow the customer base for personal banking
- Provide ongoing support on bespoke corporate bankingservices to account holders and identifies potential opportunities for extending basic banking services.
- Liaise with the banking services team to ensure proper and timely on-boarding of existing customers on the mobile and CIB platform,
- Participate in periodic sales meeting with the RM team leads to review various daily reports and deliberate follow-up plans on existing transactions for the various team members.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management, or any other related field.
- Minimum – 2 years of experience in a Sales/Marketing role
- Banking experience is required.