Full Stack Developer
Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Full Stack Developer at Purple Star Consulting Limited, will be responsible for producing scalable software solutions and be part of a team responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, amongst other duties.
- Develop front-end website architecture.
- Design user interactions on web pages.
- Develop back-end website applications.
- Write effective APIs
- Create servers and databases for functionality.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of organisational information systems and software applications
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise as required
- Implement caching mechanisms to improve application performance.
- Work on both new and existing IT related projects, ensuring consistency and scalability.
- Communicate project progress, challenges, and timelines effectively to the Managing Partner.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Maintain code integrity and organization through code reviews and best practices.
- Collaborate with HR consultants to develop and integrate HR-related software solutions.
- Assist in the development of methods and procedures for compiling and analysing data for reports and special projects.
- Support the successful and timely delivery of IT HR-related projects and priorities.
- Maintain compliance with all company and regulatory policies, especially those related to data security and protection.
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages to meet the specific needs of Purple Star Consulting Limited.
- Complete any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Development or any related technical field
- At least 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiar with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle), web servers (e.g., Apache) and UI/UX design
- A strong desire to learn a multitude of technologies and programming languages with a can-do attitude.
- Problem solving and organisational skills with ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment alongside other engineers and developers
- Good project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficiency in information and data gathering
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to reason logically
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to plan, organise, direct, and coordinate own work
- Experience in building web applications
- Experience in designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience in unit/integration testing
- Relevant postgraduate degree
- Relevant professional certifications e.g., Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Information Technology Service Management, Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker etc.