Head of Finance
Job Title: Head of Finance
First Level Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer(CEO)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Head of Finance will supervise all financial tasks and ensure capital and resources are utilized beneficially. They will be responsible for creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. Ultimately, the Head of Finance will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Assist the CEO in formulating strategic business plans and making actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Implement and deliver the Company’s finance strategy and support the CEO and the Leadership team in its development
- Generate annual budgets for the various business units and lead the budgeting process
- Develop financial performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Maintain adequate relations with bankers, financial partners and external auditors
- Forecasting financial results
- Conducting risk management
- Evaluating and initiating investments; Serve as the focal point person for investor relations
- Allocating resources and managing finances; Monitoring capital adequacy and ensuring availability of sufficient funds to meet the business needs
- Recommending cost reduction strategies
- Implement systems to effectively manage the company’s transaction processing systems and implement operational best practices
- Oversee all monthly, quarterly, and yearly management and financial reporting
- Review monthly management information and provide sound financial management to members of the management and leadership teams
- Ensure that record keeping meets all the financial requirements of auditors
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or a relevant field
- 10 years minimum experience.
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (ICAN/ACCA)
- Experience crafting and modelling financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, profit improvement, investment and forecasting models
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- banking and audit experience is a plus
- Previous experience working with technology companies is a plus
- Previous experience in Management roles (ideally in technology/service companies).
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership: Business partner, communicator, cross-functional, influencer
- Ability to Identify, qualify and mitigate risk
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Strong communication skills, negotiation, and interpersonal relationships.
- Value Creators