Java Backend Developer
Job Title: Java Backend Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
As a Java Backend Developer for a bank, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the bank’s core systems and backend applications. Your primary focus will be on developing scalable, high-performance, and secure systems that ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the bank’s backend operations.
- Design, develop and maintain the bank’s core backend systems and applications using Java and related technologies.
- Develop and implement efficient and scalable database schemas to support the bank’s business requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including front-end developers, business analysts, and project managers to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Ensure that all software development activities comply with the bank’s standards and policies.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation including software designs, test plans, and user manuals.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and other technical issues as they arise.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that code is written to a high standard and is maintainable.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in software development, and recommend ways to improve the bank’s technical infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing backend applications using Java and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of database design and optimization.
- Experience with web services, REST APIs, and microservices architecture.
- Strong knowledge of software development principles and best practices including Agile methodologies.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with banking systems and financial services is a plus.