Senior Portfolio Manager
Job Title: Senior Portfolio Manager
First Level Supervisor: Head, Asset Management
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsible for managing portfolios in line with set objectives and assisting with developing and implementing strategies to grow the company’s portfolio as well as providing first-level data analysis, documentation of information and general support to the Head, Investments.
- Provide input in the development of a comprehensive strategic plan for the unit, emphasizing business development and marketing needs to ensure consistent growth in the number and quality of individuals and businesses captured.
- Provide input in the development of investment strategy/policy or business plan and implement same to ensure compliance.
- Provide input in the development of policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), procedural manuals, work plans and other support systems in managing the Investment Division to achieve targeted objectives.
- Manage client relationships to ensure market growth and to meet and sustain the unit’s projected revenue target.
- Assisting the Head, Investments in implementing the following objectives:
- Structuring the company’s wealth management unique product/service offerings
- Brand Awareness for the company and its products
- Use of technology to drive sales and develop investment management products/financial planning solutions.
- GIPs Compliance
- Internal Product Knowledge
- Development of client investment proposition, from building suitable portfolios and responding to client needs to developing existing propositions.
- Gather data to assist in client profile review and segmentation to meet and sustain the unit’s projected revenue target.
- Prepare Investment analysis/proposal and investment risk analysis for Head, Investment review, towards presenting at the Investment Strategy Committee
- Implement decisions of the Investment Strategy Committee
- Actively manage equities and fixed-income investment portfolio
- Implementation of the procedural manual for the company’s investment management activities
- Liaise with Research to ensure that the research needs/inputs to actualize investment management objectives are determined and delivered on a timely basis.
- Assist with reviewing and recommending appropriate benchmarks for achieving performance.
- Closely monitor investment portfolio performance in order to achieve the portfolio investment objectives.
- Achieving portfolio outperformance of set benchmarks set
- Maintain professional relationships with existing and potential clients, financial institutions, and other stakeholders to support investment products.
Information & Reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting with all relevant regulators and liaise with relevant departments to ensure filings are made.
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of a comprehensive database on all investments to ensure accurate and timely investment reporting to management and clients.
- Ensure timely, reliable and accurate reporting on all investment management accounts/activities.
- Leading, mentoring Portfolio Managers and others in the investment team and distributing workload and delegating assignments to junior team members.
- Perform any other responsibility as assigned by the Head, Investments.
- First degree in Finance or Accounting or any business-related course
- 7 – 9 years experience with at least 3 years in a senior officer position.
- MBA or relevant MSc will be an added advantage.
- CFA or ACCA required.
- Business & Finance Acumen
- Strategy Formulation
- Excellent communication, presentation and report-writing skills.
- Customer Orientation
- Industry Knowledge
- Leadership and Managerial skills
- Work Planning
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Innovation & Creativity
- Excellent analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good negotiation, persuasion, and conflict management skills.